"To break the connection with England" Wolfe Tone

Sunday 4 January 2009

RUC/PSNI Behind Threats

Belfast 32 County Sovereignty Movement
4/1/2009
North Belfast Republican believes RUC/PSNI behind threats.
A member of the 32 County Sovereignty Movement has stated that he believes that the RUC/PSNI are behind the latest in a series of threats made to him. On Sunday the 4th January the North Belfast man received a number of texts stating that ‘We know where you live, we are coming to get you. UVF’
The Republican commented “While this is nothing remarkable what stood out was the fact that these messages were sent to a phone that I seldom use and very few people would have the number of, I believe this was to intimidate me because if they had texted the phone I normally use for political work then they knew I would have shrugged my shoulders. A number of weeks ago myself and another comrade in the Belfast 32 CSM were told by the RUC/PSNI that our lives were under threat from criminal elements, at the time we stated that we believed that these threats were emanating from some branch of the British security apparatus, I believe that this latest threat is an extension of that.
I am of the opinion that while the last threats were linked to my work in the community on issues such as drugs and housing these threats are specifically linked to the work I have been doing to get Terry McCafferty released from his internment by the British Secretary of State. I have been under constant overt surveillance by the RUC/PSNI who sit outside my house and follow me wherever I go and I would assume I am under covert surveillance as well, such crude intimidatory tactics will not deflect me from the work I have undertaken, I am a member of a legitimate political organisation carrying out legitimate and legal political work and I will continue to work within my community for the release of Terry McCaffrerty and for the return of political status to all Republican POW’s”